decoration decoration decoration
decoration
leaf leaf leaf leaf leaf
decoration decoration

7 Creative and Personalized Gift Ideas

These days there is so much junk in the shops that we often would prefer to receive something that has been made by the person themselves. As the person giving the home-made gift we get to have fun designing and creating something that we know will be a one-off! Here are 7 creative and personalized gift ideas.

Custom Designed iPhone Cases

A lot of people have an iPhone now days, but there are not many cases for iPhone 5 around that are really different. Custom designing your own iphone case is a great gift idea that will show your friend or loved one how much you care, because you have spent time putting your creativity into making something personalized just for them.

Name A Star

For the person that has everything, we are often strapped for ideas when it comes time to give them a gift. If you are having trouble finding something different to give to your friend or family member, why not name a star after them? Its relatively easy to do online and its one gift that they will never lose and will never ever forget.

Personalized Gift Basket

Rather than getting the generic gift basket from the chemist, or food shop and risking there being something that your friend or family member might not like, why not make your own. Making a personalized one just for them will allow you to choose items that suit them perfectly.

Favour Gift Book

One way of showing that we love someone is by giving the gift of our service to help them. Make up a gift favour booklet with coupons for them to call on you to assist them in helping out with certain things in their life. From a massage, baby-sitting, to washing their car or vacuuming their house, there are heaps of different ways that you can promise your help and often this will mean more to them than receiving a gift.

Oxfam Gifts That Give Twice

Oxfam have some really interesting gift ideas that give twice. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can buy a goat for a small village, a water pump, feed a family for a year, or any one of the other ways to help people who are less fortunate than you. This is one way that we can offset the imbalance caused by living in a capitalist society.

Latitude and Longitude

The latitude and longitude bracelets and necklaces are a beautiful way of letting a loved one have something to remember that you are thinking of them. The necklace or bracelet is engraved with the latitude and longitude coordinates of your choice. Some people buy these for friends and family in the defense force so they can think of home when they look at it, or for someone who is travelling on a long trip overseas.

Bridesmaid to Baby Shower

So the wedding has been and gone, you enjoyed being a bride maid for your friend or family member, but what are going to do with the bridesmaid dress? A great gift idea is to have the dress made into a quilt and gifted back to them at their baby shower.

COMMENTS (23)
  • Robin Wilson   /   May 24, 2013., 11:25 amReply

I love these ~ they are so unique and different. I get tired of trying to come up with something sometimes and fall back on the old "junk" I admit. These give me a great place to start. Love the bracelet idea!

• Anna Verdeflor-Ayao   /   May 24, 2013., 11:19 pmReply

Wow,nice info..magawa nga. ;)

• jennifer mcdonald   /   May 25, 2013., 8:39 pmReply

i love the idea of recycling finds from just about everywhere into items that can mean something to the receiver.

• Jennifer Mae Hiles   /   May 25, 2013., 11:03 pmReply

There are some great ideas there! I've never heard of Oxfam gifts but I love the idea. I will keep them in mind next time I am looking for a unique gift. My favorite thing to do is make my own gift baskets. It's kind of become a think with my mother-in-law and sisters-in law because they loved the first one's I made. Plus I have a great time picking out gifts to fit each person.

• md kennedy   /   May 26, 2013., 12:31 amReply

I LOVE the Oxfam idea - it is truly a gift that gives twice and then keeps on giving!

• Belinda Ibanez   /   May 26, 2013., 5:21 amReply

Cool ideas, thanks for this!! ♥

• Clarinda Santiago   /   May 26, 2013., 9:52 amReply

it's an inspiration. it's great to recycle we save mother earth...

• william saylor   /   May 26, 2013., 10:06 amReply

I love the bridesmaid to baby shower ideas.

• Sherry Compton   /   May 28, 2013., 12:04 amReply

I love personalized gifts. My daughter gave me a coin purse with my grandkids photos on it for Christmas. Now, whenever I pull it out for change, I get to show them off. :)

• Sylvia Zajis   /   May 28, 2013., 11:28 amReply

We named a star after my children when they were born. What a great way to give them a unique gift that they will have for the rest of their life. It is easy to get done online too so no battling mall crowds for this one.

• Jeanine   /   May 28, 2013., 12:11 pmReply

I loved the idea of the Iphone case, but where do you get the cases to personalize? Great ideas otherwise!

• Abigail Chang   /   May 28, 2013., 3:16 pmReply

I love the idea of iPhone cases being personalized! :)

• Abigail Chang   /   May 28, 2013., 3:17 pmReply

I love the idea of personalizing the iPhone cases! UNIQUE!~

• Becky Schollian   /   May 29, 2013., 3:30 amReply

I always seem to have a hard time finding gifts. I like the Favour Gift book idea. Awesome, thanks for the helpful tips!!

• Elissa Indoe   /   May 29, 2013., 12:39 pmReply

I love how unique and impactful these gift ideas are. I hate gift cards and never seem to get the right gift, now I will have a go to list. Thank you

• md kennedy   /   May 29, 2013., 1:20 pmReply

Another great personalized gift would be a skin made of a favorite photo!

• Mer   /   May 29, 2013., 7:35 pmReply

Some great ideas here! I love giving personalized gifts that are a bit out of the ordinary.

• Denise VandenbuschBohman   /   May 30, 2013., 12:11 amReply

I always try to recycle everything and I get yelled at saying that's hoarding!

• Sandy Cain   /   May 30, 2013., 2:06 amReply

I always feel that personalized gifts are so special. The recipient is sure that you are not just "re-gifting".

• Peggy Greco   /   May 30, 2013., 3:28 amReply

A personalized gift always means so much and thanks for nice post shared with us!

• Kelly   /   May 30, 2013., 8:32 amReply

Awesome ideas, I can't wait to try some of these.

• CONNIE HANSON   /   May 30, 2013., 12:19 pmReply

great place for gifts

• Marsha Torres   /   June 1, 2013., 10:40 amReply

wow awesome and brilliant ideas..