Guidelines for Buying Second Hand Farm Machinery
Farm machineries are expensive, but you need them for farming. It is better to have them rather than getting them on rent. Sometimes it makes sense to shop for second hand machinery if you don’t have requisite money to invest into it. All you need to apply some cautions and you can get amazing products in low cost. There are also some reputed sellers from where you can get quality products.
Following are some guidelines you can consider while shopping for it:
1. Collect all information about the machine: After deciding to buy second hand machinery, you need to start collecting all possible information about it. The more data you have, the better will be the chance of getting quality machinery. For example, if you are going to buy a john deere ride on mowers, get all information about it. Visit the company website, write down all technical specifications and requirements, and consult someone who is using this machine. You can also search the internet to get more details. Visit some relevant forums and go through experiences of past users. You can check the machine better and even bargain the price once you are equipped with necessary information.
2. Ask for original documents: When you see the seller, demand original documents. Check all vital details in those documents like date of manufacture, information about servicing, technical details, and insurance. Check the model and verify details with the manufacturer. You can get enough details about the model from past users. Search internet to get more knowledge about that particular model.
3. Condition of the machinery: It is imperative for you to manually check the working condition of the machinery before committing to buy it. Ask for all major repairs that have been done on the machinery. You can get some basic ideas about any possible problems as well as exact conditions of it. It is also imperative to check and assure yourself about technical details. If you don’t know much about it, take a qualified mechanic with you.
4. Test Drive: Ask for permission about test drive. It will give you perfect working ideas about the nature of the machinery. While test driving, keep an eye on all functions. As a matter of fact, it is better if some experienced person is sitting with you during test drive. You need to keep an eye on the sound of the running machine. It can also provide you basic idea about the conditions. You need to test drive it in the same conditions as you have in your farms.
5. The physical aspect of the machinery: You can also recognize the conditions of the machinery through closely watching all physical features of it. See the outer layer. Is there scratches. Try to see small details of the machine.
Follow these vital points before buying second hand machinery. It is always better to consult only reputed sellers so that you can remain assured about getting better quality products.
Author Bio: Shaly Criston is a renowned authority on farm machinery. Currently he is working with enmetts.com.au to help clients get the best possible second hand farm machinery.